Send As SMS

« Home | Screw Fox, or: "Sunshine" bombed, and it's all you... » | DVD REVIEW(S): Update #3 » | Jason Lee has no shame. » | REVIEW: License to Wed » | Movies That Make Me Lose Faith in Humanity » | REVIEW: Transformers » | REVIEW: Ratatouille » | REVIEW: Live Free or Die Hard » | Top Ten Most Annoying Kid Actors » | Who's Your Caddy: Setting Back Society A Hundred Y... »

The Ten Most Obnoxiously Overquoted Movies


Nothing makes a great movie suck like people quoting it day in and day out for months at a time. It's the go-to route used by individuals who aren't clever enough to come up with their own material, made worse by them thinking (thanks to the select few that laughed at their referencing) they've suddenly become the most hilarious stand-up comedian since George Carlin. Hey dipshit - they were laughing at the actual line, not your "sensational" joke-telling abilities. In fact, you probably butchered it. It was a sympathy laugh. They all secretly hate you. You're considered one big fucking joke. Even your psychiatrist thinks you should kill yourself. Also, your wife/girlfriend/hand is cheating on you.

And all because you wouldn't stop quoting movies like these...

10. OFFICE SPACE


These three characters in "Office Space" are hilarious, but lets be honest, they're also unlikable and annoying. So just when you think there's nothing more aggravating than people quoting the same fucking movie over and over, this movie becomes popular and now people are quoting three alternatively irritating characters from the same fucking movie over and over. Meanwhile, I just stand back, stare aggressively, and clench my fist, waiting for the right moment to go postal and start shouting, "I'll show you a fucking O-face, you cocksucking motherfucker!!" I have learned the courtrooms are not fond of this response.

Other overused quotes:
  • "If things go well I might be showing her my O-face. 'Oh... Oh... Oh!' You know what I'm talkin' about. 'Oh!'"
  • "Sounds like somebody's having a case of the Mondays."
  • "So, Peter, what's happening? Aahh, now, are you going to go ahead and have those TPS reports for us this afternoon?"
  • "Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler..."
  • "'PC Load Letter'? What the fuck does that mean?"
  • "I'll tell you what I'd do, man: two chicks at the same time, man."
  • "Did you get that memo?"



9. MONTY PYTHON (all of them)


Yes, actually, I did expect the Spanish Inquisition. Maybe if you didn't use the quote so goddamn much, I wouldn't have.

Other overused quotes:
  • "I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."
  • "It's just a flesh wound."
  • "We are the knights who say... NI!"
  • "What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?"



8. WEDDING CRASHERS


I'm going to conduct a test to see whether or not you're qualified to quote "Wedding Crashers".

Part 1: Do something that's as funny as this...


Oh, too bad. You already failed.

Other overused quotes:
  • "What'd you do with them? Motorboat? You play the motorboat? You motorboatin' son of a bitch! You old sailor you!"
  • "I don't even know what the fuck a quail is!"
  • "Mom! The meat loaf! Fuck!"
  • "Are you kidding me? I love crab cakes! They're phenomenal!"
  • "I felt like Jodie Foster in "The Accused" last night."
  • "You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!"



7. Anything with SAMUEL L. JACKSON


I think we can all agree, Samuel L. Jackson is the baddest motherfucker alive. His ability of taking an otherwise mundane sentence and injecting it with a level of such ferocity is incredible. And it's all thanks to two little words. If used incorrectly though, those two little words can be deadly to a movie buff's ears. They can turn something that was once completely badass into something that is, quite frankly, completely gay. This gayness stems from an inability to capture the awesomeness that is Sam "the mutha fuckin' man" Jackson. Think you're up to the task? You're not. Don't even bother trying. You'll just fail at it like you do everything else in life. Motherfucker.

Other overused quotes:
  • "Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I dare you, I double dare you, motherfucker! Say what one more goddamn time!"
  • "English, MOTHERFUCKER! Do-you-speak it?"
  • "I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane!"
  • "AK-47. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherfucker in the room, accept no substitutes."
  • "Hey, all brothers don't know how to use guns, you racist motherfucker."
  • "Oh now that's low, even for a white motherfucker like you."



6. THE 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN


You know how I know you're gay? Because you won't stop quoting the same fucking joke over and over again.

Other overused quotes:
  • "She was a ho... for sho."
  • "AHHH, Kelly Clarkson!"
  • "You know how I know that you're gay? You have a rainbow bumper sticker on your car that says, 'I love it when balls are in my face'."
  • "I'm starvin'... let's get some fuckin' french toast!"
  • "You're puttin' the pussy on a pedestal."



5. ANCHORMAN


"Great Poseidon's trident of racial injustice!"
"By the ball sweat of Hades' dank nether regions!"
"Holy man-dolphins of the Utah state tax commission!"

See? I can do it too. It's not that hard to come up with your own variations of Will Ferrell schtick. You just have to be as random as possible and end almost everything with an exclamation point.

For example, if you were at a party and the keg ran out, you could say (in the most Ferrell-like voice you have), "This alcoholic beverage has been a temptress to my taste buds, and now she's abandoned me for her brother-in-law like the pirate whore she is. Oh cruel irony! Why must you encompass my love in such rainbow-shaped bowls of heartache and frustration!?"

Or, you could choose not to look like a jackass. Just stop imitating him full stop. He may be funny when he does it, but you're not.

Other overused quotes:
  • "I'm in a glass case of emotion!"
  • "I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly..."
  • "You're so wise. You're like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair."
  • "It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way."
  • "I ate a big red candle!"
  • "I would like to extend to you an invitation to the pants party. The... party. With the... with the pants. Party with the pants."
  • "Loud noises!"
  • "I love lamp."



4. The AUSTIN POWERS Series


This one has been especially painful to endure, because finding ways to contribute "Yeah, baby!" to a conversation is quite possibly the easiest thing in the world. Thus, even the dumbest of the dumb were doing it. The context didn't even matter. If somebody said something you agreed with, a piss-poor imitation of Mike Myers would follow.

This was made even more popular because it allowed people to narrowly escape looking like a fool by changing an intelligent conversation into a "humorous" one. For example...

Smart Person #1: I find the latest news of this injustice egregiously underdeveloped.
Smart Person #2: Quite right. The esoteric nature of the crimes leads me to believe the government is creating a factually false pretense intended to elude the citizens.
Smart Person #1: How about you, what are your thoughts on the matter?
You: ...uhh... Yeah, baby, yeah!

This of course would then lead to outbursts of laughter from everyone around you, as the topic would quickly change into a discussion about your amazing comical prowess and undeniable wit. Success!

(Note: I apologize on behalf on my poorly constructed "smart person" talk. I just strung a bunch of words I looked up in the thesaurus together in hopes of forming something remotely intellectual-sounding. I don't even know if what I wrote makes any sense.)

Other overused quotes:
  • "Why must I be surrounded by frickin' idiots?"
  • "I demand the sum of... ONE MILLION DOLLARS."
  • "Do I make you horny? Randy? Do I make you horny, baby, yeah, do I?"
  • "Who throws a shoe? Honestly! You fight like a woman!"
  • "Zip it!"
  • "Well, listen up, sonny Jim: I ate a baby. Oh, aye, Baby: the other, other white meat. Baby: it's what's for dinner."
  • "I'm dead sexy."



3. BORAT


Is your name Sacha Baron Cohen? No?
THEN SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH.

Other overused quotes:
  • "My name-a Borat. I like you. I like sex. Is nice!"
  • "I like to make sexy time!"
  • "This suit is NOT BLACK!"
  • "Do this have a pussy magnet?"
  • "What's up with it, vanilla face?"
  • "Gypsy! Give me your tears! If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you!"



2. NAPOLEON DYNAMITE


This movie could've earned itself a nice little cult following among respectable movie buffs. Instead, thanks to Hot Topic and douchebag teeny boppers, it will forever be known as the film that led to countless beatings on the playgrounds against bandwagon hopping bitches who wore "Vote for Pedro" shirts and would never shut the fuck up about num-chucks and tater tots. If you were one of those kids, kindly fuck off. You're not allowed to read my blog anymore.

No seriously, go away.

Other overused quotes:
  • "You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills."
  • "Do the chickens have large talons?"
  • "Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day."
  • "A freakin' 12-gauge, what do you think?"
  • "A liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and a tiger mixed."
  • "I caught you a delicious bass."



1. 300


It was funny when the trailer came out. It was funny when the movie hit theaters. It was still pretty funny about a month after that. But for fuck's sake, it's been almost a year!

GIVE IT A REST ALREADY. Honestly, this is MADNESS!


(...Don't you dare fucking say it... I will kill you.)

Other overused quotes:
  • "Tonight, we dine in hell!"
  • "Give them nothing! But take from them, everything!"
  • "MORE AGGRESSIVE YELLING. RAWR."

Labels:

You missed the best two:

Scarface: "Say Hello To My Little Friend"

GoodFellas: "F**k you pay me, what you kids need braces? I don't care, f**k you pay me"

:D Nice list.

haha great list. as in "SHOW ME THE MONEY" great!!!


ooops! :(

Moron:
The spanish inquisition quote is not in Holy Grail. Suicide is your only option at this point.

What about this one?

Travis Bickle: You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talking... you talking to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? OK.

Wher's Airplane! or Spaceballs?! Or Young Frankenstein?! You young'uns don't know a good quotable movie if it came up and bit you in the ass.

"Surely you can't be serious?"

And yes, I am serious...and stop calling me Shirley.

See?! It works!

THIS IS SPAAAAAARTA!!!

Run forest, run!

Oh get over it already. Those are still funny and I was laughing the whole time I read this post. Go find something worthwhile to bitch about (like uh... the war) and quit shitting all over people trying to have fun.

We don't need your negativity.

Raging Bull, "You f*** my wife?"

#1 .. this is sparta? ;)

I don't think I've heard anyone quote Wedding Crashers or Anchorman even once, let alone in excess. At one place where I used to work, the people there kept quoting Office Space, Super Troopers, and The Big Lebowski.

But other than that, pretty good list. Especially Monty Python and the Holy Grail. That film is dead to me thanks to people overquoting it in god awful attempts at a British accent. And that was the case fifteen years ago.

Um, Who cares if they're unoriginal and repetitive, so is your elitist tone throughout this piece.

This list is Madnesssss!

Absolutely true.

However, I love quotes.

Just a tip, it might be kind of nice to expand the width of your blog page. The layout is clean, but it makes your pages really, really long.

If you need any help, shoot me an email. info@erbtech.com

Great page regardless!

amusing... but the last bit really made me laugh

overused quote from 300:
"MORE AGGRESSIVE YELLING. RAWR."

well played, sir.

The Big Lebowski, there are too many but:

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

My fav:
"At my command, unleash hell."
Gladiator

Or, The Landlord:
"I want my moneeeeeee!"

Big Dan is right on. Goodfellas and Scarface. Also, what about Tommyboy.

"Fat guy in a little coat"

"I can hear you getting fatter"

Chris Farley - "It's a clip-on"
David Spade - "Are you sure?"

"He's a big dumb animal folks"

"You built a time machine....out of a Delorean!?"

"Great Scott!!"

"Thats Heavy"

are you talking to me... i dont see anyone else here, you talking to me?

you steupid engerlish kerniggert

you crossed the line and somebody died

Motherfucking Princess Bride

Two more that should be on this list.

Friday and Dumb and Dumber

"I like you uhh lut!"

"Hey, wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world? Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!"

"Excuse me, Flo"

"You got knocked the fuck out!"

"And you know this, man"

"How the fuck you gonna get fired on your day off"

"puff puff pass, you're fucking up the rotation."

This comment has been removed by the author.

I'm funny? Funny how? What, am I some sort of clown, I'm here to amuse you? How the f*ck am I funny?

Princess Bride all the way:

"INCONCEIVABLE!!!"

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

"Don't pester him. He's been mostly dead all day."

Madness?!?

THIS!

IS!

A SHITTY BLOGPOST!!!

C'mon...you don't quote movies to make yourself seem funny...you do because it's s shared experience and immediately relative to everyone.

Except for those dumbass Borat muthafuckers....they have to die.

300 and Wedding Crashers were poor choice's for the list (let alone the number one slot)... much better options would have been:

- Godfella's: "Funny how? Funny like a clown? Like I'm here for your fucking amusement?"

- The Big Lebowski: "Shut the fuck up Donny!", "It's the wringer dude!", "I just want my carpet back man."

- etc., etc.

INCONCEIVABLE!

I enjoyed your list.

Here's another: "These go to eleven."

"You're out of your element, Donnie!"

Don't forget...

"I love the smell of napalm in the morning."

how bout you're a douchbag
because they are most of these are funny every time you hear it, so thanks for listing very funny lines and I hope more people come up to you know and say these things more often.
Douchbag

No Fifth Element?

"Leeloo Dallas Multipass"

"Big Badaboom"

"Negative, I am a meat popcicle"

(any girlish high-pitched scream)

"Look lady, I only speak two languages...English and bad English"

there are so many...can't believe it didn't make the list.

Oh come on...

Not one person has mentioned Full Metal Jacket? The basic training quotes are awesome!

Ha ha, good stuff man. The only thing is your complaining about those movie quote ( which the list is dead on) but then your putting in the quotes, and for me it's making them catchy again! Ah, cycle of life!
Good stuff.

Austria? ah well then, 'Gooday Mate! Let's put another shrimp on the barby'

some people take joking around way too seriously.

Hey I liked Office space. Great character names, heh PC load letter :)

The fact that Caddy Shack is not on this list is a tragedy.

The only people I ever wanted to kill was the NAPOLEON DYNAMITE movie folks... day in day out of stupidity.

For those who wanted to put up old movies... most of those sayings are in common usage, without us young folks every seeing the movie.

I always thought "It's just a flesh wound."

was from a Arnold or Stallone movie... but maybe that also moved into the more common usage.

Wayne's World anyone? That movie never gets quoted....."NOT!"

"a sphincter says what?"

"shwing"

"I'll have the cream of sum yung guy"

"ex-squeeze me? Baking powder"

"we're not worthy"

"it's sucking my will to live"

"I'm gone...go then...I am...then go"

"Pardon me, do you have any grey poupon?"

Infact I can't think of a more quoted movie. How did it not make it into your top 10?

You forgot Fight Club.

"This conversation is over."

Inconceivable! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The first is never get involved in a land war in Asia. The second, only slightly less well known, is this: never leave out quotes from The Princess Bride when death is on the line!!

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something."

"Let me put it this way. Have you ever heard of Plato, Aristotle, Socrates? Morons."

"You mean, you put down your rock and I put down my sword and we try to kill each other like civilized people?"

"If there are, we'll all be dead"

"I did that on purpose. I didn't have to miss"

"I'm not left handed"

"Get used to disappointment"

"It's possible pig.. It's conceivable, you miserable vomitous mass"

..and, of course;

"Hello. My Name Is Inigo Montoya. You Killed My Father. Prepare to Die."

I have to sculpt my guns at the office.

Tommy Boy

Are you fucking kidding me, Napolean Dynamite isn't first?!?! I would rather drink bleach then hear people quote that movie anymore.

YOU FORGOT ALSO, TALLEDEGHA NIGHTS (SP)....


SHAKE AND BAKE

AND

THAT JUST HAPPENED!!

Haha - Love this blog! One more from Napoleon Dynamite:

"Tina eat your food. EAT THE FOOD. GOSH!"

I hear that ALL. THE. TIME.

Can you have more "this is gay" or "your a fag" language in this lame post? There are other ways to talk about something you don't like.

Perhaps you sucking a nice hard dick and lickup up the cum right now you closet case.

You also forgot:
"sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads"

from the Austin Powers serie

No one says "I ate a red candle" in Anchorman. Did you watch a german translated version.

The only thing close is "Oh sorry Champ, I think I ate your chocolate squirl"

Not that good of a list in my opinion.

You forgot EVERY quote from Fear and Loathing...

you missed "Swingers"!

"vegas baby, vegas!"

"you're so fuckin money and you don't even know it!"

pizza the hut!!!

oh boss... you're delicious!

franky dear, i dont give a damn!

allllllrighty then

we're on a mission from God.

my mamma used to say: life's like a box of chocolates

may the shwartz be with you...

the radar has been..... jammed

Don't forget this is "obnoxiously overquoted" which would still put Napolean in first... sorry, The drink bleach post says it right.

You fail at life. Kill yourself.

From Office Space you missed two more that actually I need to use at work sometimes:

"What is it, you say, you do here?"
and
"Some people choose to _____, and we encourage that."

Not quite a movie but...

Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN
Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN
Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN
Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN
Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN
Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN
Lisa need braces
DENTAL PLAN

I can't believe you left out Dazed and Confused!

"All right, all right, all right"

"Wipe that face off your head, @itch"

"Check 'ya later"

Clearly this guy has no life....so sad. He is as bad as the people he refers to.

"F**k it dude, let's go bowling"

"You're phone's ringing dude!"

I actually like many of these quotes, and they are funny every f-ing time I hear them. Period. Lighten up, dumbass.

But in the spirit of your article, I will add a few overquoted movies:

TOP GUN: I feel the need, the need for speed. It's time to buzz a tower. (etc, etc,etc)


Clueless: As if! What-EVER!

I cant believe no one here thought of the most annoying line from Terminator 2. So annoying im not even going to type it...everybody knows it anyway

"You want to eat me?! - Then EAT me!" - Jessica Lang, King Kong

I can't believe not only the poster, but any of your young turks forgot THE MOVIE which have THE most overly used quotes of mine of even your generation.

The Godfather:

"I'll make'm an offer he can't refuse."

Caddyshack? I have most of that movie memorized.

Cinderella story. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper, now, about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!

Umm...Monty Python and the Holy Grail did not have the Spanish Inquisition. Sorry. But I do agree that it is overquoted. The movie with the Spanish Inquisition is actually a Mel Brooks movie, not Monty Python.

Left out Big Lebowski.

"OVER THE LINE!!!"

"Nobody fucks with the Jesus"

"You're out of your element Donnie!"

Here something for you
amazing picture video articles

The Godfather is the most quoted movie of all time. "Leave the gun...take the cannolis"

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

No Ferris Bueller?

That's no moon

You want the Truth? You can't handle the Truth.

One of my favorite movies quotes which I've never heard outside my close circle of friends:

"Go get your fucking shine box!"

"Note: I apologize on behalf on my poorly constructed "smart person" talk. I just strung a bunch of words I looked up in the thesaurus together in hopes of forming something remotely intellectual-sounding. I don't even know if what I wrote makes any sense."

The note wasn't necessary, it was obvious.

Good choices. When you said Samuel L. Jackson the first quote that came to my mind was the AK47.

Dude Where's My Car:

And then,
And then,
And then

Stripes..

- I'm pacing myself sarge
- Remember when you & Donny tried
to make it with that cow!?
I wanna party with you cowboy!
- Lighten up Francis!

Animal House
- May we dance wit your dates?
- Germans? Pearl Harbor?
(Forget it,.. he's on a roll)

Pulp Fiction, Big Lebowski all have tons of quotable material.

I have to humor my boss, he does this crap all the time.. and laughs at himself as well.. arrrrrgh!

Jerry McGuire

"Show me the money"
"That's my mofo"
"You had me at hello"

And another one I just can't quite recall at the moment. Anyone?

Why don't you go back to your home on whore island, you smelly pirate hooker!

Good post - there a lot of tools out there who continue to spout the same freakin movie quotes for years.

Also, you forgot, "Yeah, I'm gonna need you to come in on Saturday."

Office Space seems to get ridiculously over-quoted where I work.

Fight Club:

"The first rule about ___ is you do not talk about _____"
"You are not your fuckin khakis!"
"His name was Robert Paulson"

Hackers:

"You gotta to stop letting your mama dress you man"

"Right, well my BLT drive on my computer just went AWOL, and I've got a big project due tomorrow for Mr. Kawasaki and if I don't get it in he's going to ask me to commit Harry Carry"

Swingers:

"Who's big winner here tonight? Who is it? Who's the big winner? MIKEY IS THE BIG WINNER! MIKEY WINS!!"

"Any beautiful babies around?"

Deliverance

Gross, but overused!!

"Squeal like a pig boy"

Good lord, if this is what passes for outrage, you lead a truly sheltered life. See, no movies quotes needed to point that out.

spanish inquisition is from Monty Python and the Flying Circus not from their movie Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"elitist tone????" - you know how I know your gay? you said "elitist tone" to describe an article.

You movie selection is seriously limited. You may want to consider attending a local movie review class at a local community college. Then again, you must be of the generation that is unable to think past themselves.

Of course, if you had any credibility, your reponse to this post would be, "Frankly, my dear. I don't give a damn."

But even that is over your pointed head.

ZOOLANDER

"Now this is a knife.."

from Crocodile Dundee

"Catch 22.."

from Catch 22

and the most quoted movie saying that never was in the Casablanca;

"Play it again Sam.."

There's no Spanish Inquisition in Grail.

Obviously, you haven't heard it quoted enough!

Come now chaps - what about "May the force be with you"?

Keep Firing A**Holes!

American Pie:
"One time at band camp..."

FIRST!!!!

stop watching shit movies

Hmph. Maddox wannabe.

My favorite is from They Live, where Roddy Piper steps into the bank, wearing the sunglasses that show who the aliens are, with a rifle and says:

I came here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm allllll out of bubble gum.

Two movies that can be quoted in their entirety:
The Rocky Horror

The Life of Brian
"How shall we fuck off oh Lord?"
"We're all individuals" - "Except me!"

well, you know, thats just, like, your opinion, man

*giggle giggle*

Watch the movie Waiting, and you'll be quoting that all the time. Guaranteed.

THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This comment has been removed by the author.

ackon did exactly what i was thinking

how did you miss that quote for 300?

You're my boy blue! You're my boy...

Old School. Classic.

i hate samuel l

yippee ki yay mother fucker

I would at to the list:

I'll be back
...
Your shwartz is as big as mine.
...

Go ahead, make my day!

All those snakes on a plane quotes drove me nuts. It wasn't good. Get over it!

One Man. One Year. $100,000 online. How's he doing it?
http://www.oneyeargoal.com

Most of the movies listed are after my time. Here’re some over used and thus obnoxious quotes before you time:

“Frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.” GWTW
“Play it Sam. If she can stand it, so can I. Play it!” Casablanca, often misquoted as “Play it again Sam.”
“Wait a minute. You Ain’t heard nothin’ yet” The Jazz Singer, famous for -- but not in fact -- the first sound movie.
“Open the pod bay doors, HAL” 2001 Space Odyssey

What about Major League?

"Just a bit outside"

"Don't give me none of that Ole bullshit"

"Forget the curveball Ricky, give 'em the heater"

Hellooo...What about the oh so famous line...

"Luke I am your Father?"

Madnesss...THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!!!!

the spanish inquisition is from monty python's show and it is fucking hilarious

"Luke I am your Father?"

(is he asking it to Luke?)

Madness??!

THIS IS:

Tommy Boy and Big Lebowski are the two best quotable movies... Who the F quotes 300? Its like quoting Gladiator or Braveheart... Only meatheads do it.

"Where you watching... Spanktravision?"

"What'd you do?!?!"

"You can put six packs of... soda in there. Yougurt, fruit, you can put Snickers bars in the freezer."

"I said we cuts off your JOHNSON!"

"I am the Walrus." "SHUT THE FUCK UP DONNY! V.I. LENIN! VLADIMIR ILLIANICH ULLIANOV!"

"Dude, do you have to use so many curse words?" "What the fuck are you talking about, man?"

Seriously, the only reason people read your freaking blog today was because you used these quotes. So quit your bitching already.

How could you leave off Caddyshack and the Blues Brothers?

I want a hamburger...no, a cheeseburger. I want a hot dog. I want a milkshake.

You'll get nothing and like it!

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood, and I NEVER slice. DAMN!

Royale with Cheese.

COME ON!!! WHY NO PULP FICTION LOVE?

I guess the SLJ entry was part of that, but it still didnt give honor to the amount of quote-ability in Pulp Fiction.

The movie 300 has NOT been out for almost a year, dumbass, it was released in theaters on March 7th of 2007. Only 5 months, so if you're going to bitch, at least get your facts right.

1.21 gigawatts!

ZOOLANDER

Apparently you hang out with a bunch of ten year olds who have only seen movies in the last five years or so. What about:

"I'll make them an offer they can't refuse..."

"Go ahead, make my day!"

"What we have here, is failure to communicate."

"Run Forrest Run!"

"I've got a bad feeling about this."

"Here's looking at you kid."

OH come on people...I can't believe out of all these comments that NOBODY even mentions Real Genius (1985) with Val Kilmer. It is the ONE movie with the most quotable one-liners I know of.

- Sir, let me take this moment to compliment you on your fashion sense, particularly your slippers.

- Do you mind if I name my first child after you? "Dipshit Knight" has a nice ring to it.

- This? This is ice. This is what happens to water when it gets too cold. This? This is Kent. This is what happens to people when they get too sexually frustrated.

- Was it a dream where you see yourself standing in sort of sun-god robes on a pyramid with a thousand naked women screaming and throwing little pickles at you?

- I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "I drank what?"

- Would you qualify that as a launch problem or a design problem?

and my favorite:
- Mitch, there's something you need to know. Compared to you, most people have the IQ of a carrot.

300 quotes were TERRIBLE and the most over used quotes in the last 10 years. GREAT job putting it at number 1 on the list. And to all the uncreative, poor people who actually think yelling this is sparta is anything but LAME grow up, go back to repeatidly telling crappy chuck norris jokes they arn't funny but sometimes they do require two brain cells to rub togather, and it would be a great mental workout for you

ha ha!! i love how much of a dick this guy is...however i don't think anyone quotes movies to make themselves look funny. it's more of a shared experience as someone else already stated.

and you forgot dazed and confused.

too many likes.

Two words: Spinal Tap.

"But these go to 11!"
and about a million other lines.

This isn't Sparta, douchebag.

Not a movie buuut...

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!"

Seriously...cut that shit out.

Luke I am your father

Here come two words for you. Shut the fuck up!

Where's Wayne's World?!?!?!

'Excellent'

I bet you are a pretty boring person. I'm pretty sure if you have any aquaintences at all...they secretely hate you for your negativity and awkward "originality" as you call it.

Really original blog by the way, NOT!

You forgot friday... "You got knocked the F__K out!"

"Whoa!" - Keanu (not Joey Lawrence, save him for the televised edition)

Maybe you shouldn't try to imitate maddox in your blog.

what a shitty list. all good, quotable movies. maybe you should take anger management classes.

People REALLY need to stop saying, "Houston, we have a problem."

“Two Dollars”
Ring any bells?

The Matrix

There is no spoon.

I know kung-fu!

star wars? my name is luke and for fuck sake the was nothing about stars wars like "I'm your father" and "May the force be with you"

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Candy gram for Mongo.

How oh how did Blazing Saddles not make the list?

Dumby #1? Put dumby #2 on the telephone.

I need a 3 hole punch and SOME GODAMN FAX MACHINES!

I LOVE HOW PEOPLE SAY YOU HAVE NO LIFE BY POSTING THIS BLOG WHEN THEY'RE THE DUMB FUCKS POSTING ON YOUR SHIT DUMB BASTARDS

hey dude, i think this is a good list and definitely made a good point. only change i would make is put Napoleon Dynamite at the front of the list. at least 300 was GOOD. Napoleon Dynamite is probably the worst piece of shit movie ever made. and personally, if someone is going to over-quote a movie regardless, i'd rather it be a movie which i actually like than a total piece of shit.

You know, you have a point. However, you would have been a lot more credible if you didn't sound like an angry 13 year old ranting about his limited grasp of politics.


....


Is that what you are? An angry 13 year old? If not, then just laugh. Tell someone who's overquoting that they're overquoting, but otherwise laugh at the line. It's funny. Share in the humor.

Where's Ghostbusters?

Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good-bad thing. Whattya mean "bad?"
Egon: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
Ray: Total protonic reversal....
Venkman: Right, that's bad...OK.. important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

There are so many more quoted movies than these.

Here is one, Top Ten anything.

300: I hope that scratch hasn't made you useless?

Hardly my lord. It is only an eye.

Wow. This could have been about 100 times funnier if it was written by someone, you know, funny.

it's quite possible that your comments about napoleon dynamite made me love you.

Some, only some, of the movies you are right about. But then you went and picked the least used qoutes from the overqouted movies.

i cant believe u didnt get one of THE most obvious ones EVER....

"I'LL BE BACK"

from terminator :o how could u forget?

Boo hoo, my vagina hurts.

ironically for the subject of the article, you've done a pretty shitty job of imitating Maddox. bravo.

I hate when people quoute V for Vendetta

The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honour to meet you, and you may call me, V.

...Seriously stop

"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore"

"Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

lebowski?

I said it, what are you gonna do? hehe

My husband is convinced that is the best movie of all time...300. And I just love to make fun of him, so its so much fun to run around the house with the kids screaming...THIS IS SPARTA!!! I have them doing it now too, it makes him so mad!!!

"No wire hangers",

"But cha are Blanche, you are in that wheelchair",

"No one puts Baby in the corner"

"Stella"

The list for gamers (RPG, not crappy PC games) is similar but definitely different.

#1 would be Holy Grail, but #2 would be Blazing Saddles, one of the best movies ever made in the history of cinema

good list, but the article itself is retarded, stop trying so hard to be funny and repeating yourself.

I havent heard half of these movies quoted. Suicide is the only way out.

No CaddyShack, no list.

kind of ironic that the only thing more obnoxious then using movie quotes all the time is writing a page about them

This is what happens Larry....This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass...

You can't handle the truth!

i know it doesn't matter but

1. he said ALL monty python, not just the holy grail;

2. nobody expects the spanish inquisition! is from a monty python sketch, so dude was right;

so get your facts right, commentators, before you talk shit.

and yeah, you forgot most of the other will ferrell movies, and pootie tang. and troll 2. but those are all awesome.

You missed....

"We're gonna need a bigger boat!"=Jaws

did anyone actually see 300?

Top Gun must be the most over-quoted movie of all time.

FROSTING!

I just got my FREE IPhone in the mail today. Check it out: http://www.elitefreebies.com/iphone.html

Another bad one back in the day was PeeWee Herman. "I meant to do that… heh heh…" etc… It was too much to bear.

"Knock, knock!"
- "Who's there?"
"Go fuck yourself!"

These are supposed to be notable quotes?

I've never heard of of most of them. Probably because these movies are mostly recent and un-notable to begin with.

I was expecting something more along the lines of "You can't handle the truth!" Truly notable, famous, time-tested movie quotes. Not some stupid, lame, from-the-last-two-year's stupid movies lines.

Ugh..waste of time.

Is there a way I can Digg this ignorant article to the very bottom of the pile?

You bitch too much.

"How big is this cell? 8'x8' ? Our's is 9'x9' ... no big deal ...

That, and during the "cat" game:
"Do I look like a cat to you boy? Am I jumpin' around all nimbly bimbly from tree to tree? Am I drinking milk from a saucer? DO YOU SEE ME EATING MICE?"

"Klatu Barada Nikto"
from The Day the Earth Stood Still

"Papa can you hear me"
from Yentle

Both quotes are used by countless comedians.
BTW, I actually saw Yentle in the theater. We laughed our butts off. Come on Barbara, make Yentle 2! PLEASE. Also, my library has lots of video but they don't have Yentle on DVD. What gives?

And I wouldn't mind seeing The sequal to The Day the Earth Stood still. I don't know who would play the part of Frances Bavier a.k.a. Beatrice "Aunt Bee" Taylor.

When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, looks you crooked in the eye and asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail."

Or:
"Son of a bitch must pay!"

Drop the cookies and get away from those kids......

Shhhh....you'll wake the Reverend....Here hava sip of this.

I just want to know one thing....Just what exactly is transpiring here??


z

All your base are belong to us

Tombstone

"I'm your Huckleberry."

"You're a daisy if you do."

"I believe the strain was just more than he could bare."

"I've not yet begun to defile myself."

"Maybe Poker just isn't your game Ike. I know, lets have a spelling contest."

"Vino Veritas."

"(To county Sheriff) Forgive me if I don't shake hands."

"It's an Octa, You know Fedrick Fucking Chopin!"

"Your just a drunk piano player, and you're probably seeing double" from young Cowboy.

"Well, I've got two guns. One for each of you."

Iliked the list alot

Robocop - "I'd buy that for a dollar"

wow cry a river why dont you. Its people like you who make it worse. How about we shut the hell up about how stupid people are using these qoutes. If people find it funny for whatever reason then leave them at that. If you dont, by all means give them a 10 minute lecture about how stupid they are for saying something they find humorous.

Its fucking "bloggers" (what kind of word is that) like you that continously make the population dumber by telling us what we should think. Grow some balls and write about something useful.

and i dont think ive heard people quoute even half this crap. You probably watched each movie 10 times, thoroughly noting any humurous lines you could find.

the most famous line in all of movie history is.... wait for it.... it is.....

"here's johnny !"

Surely - "Go ahead, Make my Day" must get a mention... or how about "We're on an express elevator to Hell, Going Down"....

Probably the worst quote to hear would have to be......."I feel the need, THE NEED FOR SPEED"....

RUN FORREST RUN

I was really,really glad to see napleon dynamite on this list.
It was alright when I first saw it, then I just started hating it because everyone was quoting the shit out of it.Fuck that movie and fuck the kids who ruined it.
"I will build her a cake!"

this has been said already but I just need to say the writer of this must be 10 years old.. because he sure doesn't seem to have seen very many much older then that 300 #1? wtf is wrong with you man that movies been out like 1 year and you seem to think it's #1 over quoted funniest thing is I agreed with all of those but I've never even hear one person quote one line from that movie ever. so yeah...

The Ten Most Obnoxiously Overquoted Shit Movies

Full Metal Jacket
"Choke yourself num nuts"
"slide my tube stake in your sister"
" M I C K E Y M O U S E "


Young Gunz
" I'll make you famous "

Hahaha

Nice list indeed,
but u missed quiet a lot

Rocky: Apolo !!!
Die Hard: Yipiekayay mothafuckers !!!
Pfffst even Naruto: BAKA !!!
Forest Gump: Life is like a box of chocolate !!! Run Forest RUN !!!
Scarface: I AM TONY MONTANA !!! Who do I trust ? Me, that's who !!!

But ofcourse this is MADNESS

Ooops, better seek cover !!!
Awh hell, I'm going for a walk, with these 300 men as bodyguards.

Hehehe, you can't kill me :-p

Post a Comment